Whether you’re going to decorate these with frosting and sprinkles or gobble them up fresh from the oven, these Easy Christmas Sugar Cookies make a fun holiday activity for kids. Put them out on a plate for Santa or package them up as a gift for friends, neighbors or holiday co-workers.
Try mixing up this easy cookie dough one day, and baking and decorating another day. It cuts down on kitchen messes and keeps things simple and fun!
Kids will love slathering on frosting and covering them in sprinkles. For something different, try a simple dusting of powdered sugar, or dipping them in melted chocolate.
Which ever decoration technique you use, this easy and quick cookie dough is sure to become your go to favorite for any time of year!
Easy Christmas Sugar Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 3 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour all purpose
- In the bowl of electric mixer or stand mixer beat the butter and cream cheese on medium for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides occasionally.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add as much of the flour as you can with mixer. Use a spoon or spatula to add remaining flour.
- Divide dough in half. Wrap in plastic, shaping dough into a log. Chill for at least 4 hours.
- On a well floured surface, roll out dough to approx. 1/4 inch thick. Use your favorite cookie cutter shapes to create cookies.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.