Are you looking for an easy way to get your chocolate fix?
Today I am sharing a recipe for my best homemade double chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips. If your family loves cookies for dessert, these big chewy chocolate gems will knock their socks off! You’ll love how easy these cookies are. From start to finish you have big beautiful chocolate cookies in under 30 minutes.
My kids described them as “Soft Bake Chewy Brownie Cookies”
Before we jump into the recipe, make sure you are following me on Pinterest so that you don’t miss out on any of my best recipes.Jump to Recipe
As a recipe developer, sometimes it takes lots of trial and error before I land on the best version of whatever it is I’m trying to create. That is not the case with this cookie.
This chocolate cookie was almost perfect on the first try. I just made a few small adjustments and it was a winner!
Here’s what happened: In my day job as Bakery Manager often listen to what clients want and create an original recipe for them to use. This cookie came about because the catering company I was working with had a store-bought cookie dough they liked. The kind you take from the freezer and place on your cookie sheet and bake. While those give consistent results, they can be pricy. Sometimes they can cost as much as .25 per cookie. To put things into perspective, these Double Chocolate Cookies cost about .05 per cookie. When you’re selling 1000 per week, that’s a big saving. They asked me to create a better tasting and less expensive product for them. This delicious chocolate cookie is the result. They loved it and I know that you will too!
Here are a few of my favorite supplies that I always keep on hand for baking perfect cookies every time.
Professional Quality Sheet Pans– Easy to clean, durable, flexible, and reusable. Great for cooking and preparing food on. Suitable for commercial and home use.
Silicone Mats- No need for oil, cooking sprays, or parchment paper, these are oven-safe up to 480 degrees F. Fits half-sheet size pans; easy to clean.
Cookie Scoop– COOKIES BAKE EVENLY — The scoop makes the cookies round, all the same size so the cookies bake evenly and are consistent for display or gifting.
Cooling Rack- Nonstick surface offers reinforced coating that provides quick release and easy cleanup.
Double Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Use a stand mixer, or with a hand held mixer cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add the granulated sugar and cream for 2-3 minutes. Scrape sides well and mix another 1-2 minutes. Add the egg and mix until it is well blended. Add vanilla and mix.
- With mixer on low speed, add dry ingredients and mix for 1-2 minutes until well combined. Scrape sides of bowl and add white chocolate and semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon or a 1 oz cookie scooper, scoop cookie dough into 20 portions and place 10 cookies per sheet pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes total, rotating and switching pan location in oven after 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool before removing from cookie sheet.
If you are looking for more chocolate recipes, check out my Best of Both Worlds Chewy and Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies and my Cravings Buster Dense and Fudgy Brownie.